Aktuelle Zeit: 25. Mai 2018, 22:48

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Certain sections of the forum contain exclusive material, only reserved for members:

DON JOHNSON:

INTERVIEWS
FAMIILY MATTERS
HOT CREAM PIES
NEWS
MYSTERY CORNER
LOBBY LOUNGE
MEMBER STORIES

Remember - it is FREE to register!

So, why not jump on board!

Seite 1 von 1 [ 1 Beitrag ] 
AutorNachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Wanted! TAPED SUPERBOWL 2007 VIA SKY CHANNEL.
BeitragVerfasst: 14. Apr 2013, 18:13 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

:hallo3: :hallo3: :hallo3:

We are thankful for each small help with our search for video material about this event.
I know, pics are not excellent - they only are taken by a Public Viewing Screen.

Bild

Bild

Zitat:
February 11 2007
Bowled over by Don.
Byline: By Simon Roberts Wales on Sunday

Don Johnson covering the Super Bowl in Miami was just too convenient.
Sky Sports drafted in the actor from the 80s American TV series Miami Vice as one of their studio guests on Sunday night.
The thought of listening to Crockett talking about American football for five-and-a-half hours should have been enough to force anyone to switch channels.
With Martin Johnson, England's Rugby World Cup winning skipper, doing the same on ITV, this looked like celebrity TV at its worst.
It has all the hallmarks of Superfan TV gone mad. For example, would we put up with celebrity fans being invited as analyst's for the soccer or rugby world Cup final? I don't think so.
It would be like having Katherine Jenkins sat next to Jonathan Davies in the studio discussing how the Welsh pack needs to improve its rucking technique.
Actually, that's not a bad idea. Sort it out Scrum V.
Back to Sunday night.
This was a classic battle of the Johnson's.
A straight shoot-out between our 'Marty and Donny'. Amazingly, old Don got my vote.
He started off nervously alongside's Sky TV's US sports guru Kevin Cadle and Cecil Martin, the former Eagles running back, but soon found his feet and gave some real insight into the game.
He even managed to tip the Indianapolis Colts to beat the Chicago Bears.
He was clearly a big fan of Peyton Manning, one of the greatest quarterbacks never to have won American sports' greatest prize. And it was Manning who finally managed to inspire his side to a 29-17 victory over the Bears.
But Johnson's depth of knowledge and tactical understanding of the game was a revelation to his studio companions and this viewer.
He delivered an eulogy on how important it was for America, and American sport, that a black coach had finally won the Super Bowl.
Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith, were the first black coaches to ever reach a Super Bowl.
By the end, I had mucho respect for Don. I never thought I'd have said that about a guy I despised in the 80's. He even knows how to wear a suit now.

You see - the critics to Don's appearance are not all very well.
The guy who has taken just these images by the viewing wall even added this:

Zitat:
don johnson is...

1. not good at sports commentary.
2. should never represent the USA to an international audience.
3. is drunk!
:augenreib:

Bild
♪ ♫ When's it gonna stop, DJ ♥ ?
Cause you're keeping me up all night ♪ ♫
  Profil Persönliches Album  

Seite 1 von 1 [ 1 Beitrag ] 

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]