Aktuelle Zeit: 21. Okt 2018, 22:41

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Certain sections of the forum contain exclusive material, only reserved for members:

DON JOHNSON:

INTERVIEWS
FAMIILY MATTERS
HOT CREAM PIES
NEWS
MYSTERY CORNER
LOBBY LOUNGE
MEMBER STORIES

Remember - it is FREE to register!

So, why not jump on board!

Seite 1 von 1 [ 5 Beiträge ] 
AutorNachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: DON'S LOCAL PUB in WOODY CREEK !
BeitragVerfasst: 10. Jan 2013, 15:23 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Zitat:
My brother drove to Woody Creek and went in the Woody Creek Lodge in hopes of bumping into Don. Don is a regular at that Bar. So was his late friend Hunter S. Thompson. He spoke to some of the people that work there and they say ya he comes in here once in a while. They have posters of Don every where. Harley Davidson and the Marlboro man was one of the posters he told me.
My brother Continues to go to the Woody Creek Lodge in hopes of meeting Don. We shall see what happens.

Well Members – this message our forum has got at YT to a video we posted there.
I was amazed to read these words and about the additional offered link to Don’s Bild local pub –if he is at home in Woody Creek-.

I have visited the website of the tavern and yes… it is a really funny looking location:

Bild

Bild

Woody Creek Tavern is the place for the anti-establishmentarianism of the Woody Creatures and the legendary Hunter S. Thompson. This is where locals, visitors and celebrities love to hang out, enjoy fabulous food in a comfortable atmosphere and where everyone can let their hair down and have a great time.

Our History

Step into the Woody Creek Tavern for the first time and it is difficult to figure whether you have stepped back in time, or forward in time, or maybe you suddenly slipped sideways in time. The uninitiated will stare in astonishment at the bizarre collection of "stuff" that dominates the Tavern.

The walls are plastered with hundreds upon hundreds of photos, (if you want to join in, ask your server to take your picture and we promise to get you "plastered" so you can find yourself the next time you come in) stapled over other photos and there are magazine covers, newspaper clippings, children's drawings, license plates, pieces of original art, memorials to old friends who are no longer with us and just about anything else you can imagine.

A single word doesn't do justification...it is bizarre, strange, peculiar, odd, curious, funny, outlandish, abnormal, eccentric, unorthodox, queer, extraordinary, weird, wacky, kooky and maybe even freaky. One thing is clear, the Tavern is not conventional nor is it the result of a well thought out and precise design. There is a wonderful irony wrapped around the Tavern. When it opened in 1980 it was intended to be a gathering place for locals, for the residents of Wood Creek and it's neighbors. It was to be an unpretentious place located in what once has been a combination tiny grocery store, post office and gas station. A few miles to the east, Aspen in the 1980's was eagerly going in one direction, the Tavern was content to be down-home and casually comfortable.

The Tavern was busy being the Tavern, it does stand out amid all the glitz that surrounds it, and that was one of the reasons its achieved international fame. There were never any interior decorators lurking around and designing cute themes, if anything, it is a collective attitude shared by the owners and staff. The Tavern has had it's share of celebrities and movie stars who are regulars, however, if you were to ask, "Do any celebrities ever come in," the response probably would be, "as far as we are concerned, you are a celebrity to us!" If you stripped away a few photos, you would find an old sign on the wall that stated, "It's not who you are that is important, it's how you conduct yourself." An all inclusive attitude existed - it didn't matter who you were or what you did, the Tavern wanted you to come in and enjoy yourself.

As much as anything that explains the Tavern's messy decor. It began in 1982 when the owners wanted to spruce the place up a tad by adding new wallpaper to the walls. A few photos decorated the walls in the bar area and the owners were convinced to not dump them but to move them to the rear of the building near the restrooms. The seeds had been planted. The photo montage grew slowly at first and then like a horde of locusts, the Tavern walls fell victim to endless photos and clippings.

No, the Tavern is not the result of someone's clever idea, just about everyone who ever worked there or drank and ate in the place managed to contribute to the ambiance, it that is what it can be called.

~By Gaylord Guenin

Bild

:augenreib: :augenreib:

And it seems the funny location has not left impression only with Don.

Hmmmm… at least one of these ladies you should know, didn’t you?

Bild

Seems Melanie still visits this place with pleasure. :dfbgirliezwinkern:

Your hungry?
a small look into the huge menu card?

Okay:

Appetizers

Big & Designed to Share! Go for it!

Fresh Shrimp Ceviche (Summer Only)
Shrimp marinated in fresh lime juice & tossed with jalapenos, onions, tomatoes & cucumbers. Delicious! Served 2 ways:
Big Bowl topped with avocado and lime with chips $10.95
Combo with guacamole, salsa and chips $14.95

"Wild" Caught Smoked Salmon Filet
A delicious 4 oz. filet of wild caught salmon, smoked locally in Basalt in hickory wood. Served cold on a bed of lettuce with capers, red onion, creamy horseradish sauce and crackers $13.95

Smoked Trout Filet
Naturally smoked with a mix of fruitwoods by Ducktrap River Fish Farms. Served cold and just like the salmon $12.95

Chicken and Vegetarian Chorizo Flautas
Chicken flautas are mixed with green chiles, spices and a blend of cheeses; Veggie flautas are packed with vegetarian chorizo and a little cheese. Both are rolled in corn tortillas, fried and served with an avocado, sour cream and pickled jalapeno sauce $9.75

Fresh Guacamole, Homemade Chips, & Fresh Salsa $8.50

Nachos
A blend of melted Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese with our fresh house salsa $9.75
Add Vegetarian Chorizo (Mexican Sausage) $2.00
Add Guacamole $3.00
The Works (highly recommended) $5.00

Buffalo Style Chicken Wings
With bleu cheese dressing $8.95

Big Basket of Fried Onion Rings $7.95

Soups & Salads

Naturally Raised Chicken Salad
A boneless chicken breast with a light teriyaki marinade, sliced and served on a bed of mixed organic greens with a touch of house vinaigrette, fresh fruit, avocado and a side of honey dijon sauce $12.25

Caribbean Shrimp Salad - Perfect for a light Summer Meal (summer only)
Five Jumbo Shrimp poached in a broth of Flying Dog Beer, salsa and chipotle, chilled then mixed into a yummy sauce of mango, coconut, lime, cilantro and yogurt. Served on mixed organic greens with fresh fruit, avocado and a side of sauce $15.95

Homemade Soup of the Day
Organic when possible. Served with a multi grain dinner roll and butter $5.95

Makes a Meal...Veggie Salad
A big one! Comes with avocado slices, egg, gorgonzola and a blend of romaine mixed organic greens, carrots, tomato and cucumbers. Our house vinaigrette (fresh lime juice, rice vinegar, garlic and olive oil) served on the side $12.95
Add naturally raised chicken breast $3.00
Add fresh tilapia fish filet $6.00
Add blackened tilapia $7.00
Add crispy bacon $2.00

House Salad with Organic Greens
Romaine, mixed organic greens, red cabbage, carrots and cucumbers. Served with our house vinaigrette (lemon juice, garlic, rice vinegar, olive oil) $5.95

Soup & House Salad
$11.95

Smoked Salmon Filet & House Salad Combo (see Salmon in appetizers)
$16.95

Smoked Trout Filet & House Salad Combo (see Trout in appetizers)
$14.95

Lunch

Add a side of fresh guacamole for $3.00
Add an Organic Green House Salad for $5.95

Fresh Tilapia Fish Filet: 6 oz. of delicious, tender, farm raised & environmentally friendly Tilapia. Use in your choice of:

Tacos
Lightly blackened filet served with warm soft corn tortillas, cilantro, chopped onion, tarter sauce, black beans and Spanish rice. Assemble yourself $13.95

Filet Plate
Served with black beans and Spanish rice $12.95
Blackened - Add $1.00

Sandwich
Served on a multi-grain roll with a side of tarter sauce and a choice of French fries or cole slaw $12.95
Onion rings or Salad add $1.00
Blackened add $1.00

Vegetarian (Vegan) Tacos
Vegetarian chorizo (made with soy), side of guacamole, cilantro, chopped onion, salsa, black beans, and Spanish rice. Assemble yourself $13.50

Chicken Enchiladas
Light and dark chicken mixed with green chiles, a blend of cheeses & spices, rolled in corn tortillas and covered with our roasted green chile sauce. Served with black beans and Spanish rice $12.95

Homemade Pork and Vegetarian Tamales
Pork are with red chile sauce and veggie with green chile sauce, cheese, & carrots. Served with black beans & Spanish rice. Made without lard. (Order all pork or veggie if you prefer) $12.95

Cheese Enchiladas
A blend of cheese rolled in corn tortillas with red chile sauce, black beans & Spanish rice $11.75

Black Bean Burrito
Black beans rolled in a flour tortilla with cheese, smothered in mild green chile sauce and served with Spanish rice $11.75
Try an extra smothering of our pork green chile for $2.00

11 oz. New York Black Angus Steak
Source verified, all natural, antibiotic and hormone free. Served with a choice of French fries, onion rings, cole slaw, or salad $19.95

New Mexico Style Green Chile with Pork
This is a hearty meal made with mild green chiles, pork, posole, "y much amor" and served with a flour tortilla $9.95
Extra tortilla $.50 each.

Sandwiches & Burgers
Served with all the trimmings, plus French Fries or Cole Slaw. Onion rings or house salad are $1.00 extra.

Fresh Tilapia
Served on a multi-grain roll with a side of tarter sauce $12.95
Blackened add $1.00

Hamburger - all natural hormone free
On a fresh multi-grain bun: Served medium rare to medium unless you tell your wonderful server otherwise $10.50

Mexican Veggie Burger
A great tasting black bean veggie burger! We make it even better by serving it with melted Jack cheese. Served with a side of guacamole & pickled jalapenos. It's not spicy unless you make it that way $10.50

Hot Barbeque Pork
Shredded pork from our Porterhouse cut. It's marinated, slow cooked in a sweet & spicy sauce and served on a multi-grain roll $10.50

Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato
The All Time Favorite! Served on toasted whole wheat bread $10.50

Additions to Sandwiches:
Cheese (American, Swiss, Jack, Cheddar) $.50
Pickled Jalapenos $.50
Bacon $2.00
Avocado $2.00

Dinner

Dinner Entrees come with our house salad and a choice of baked potato, black beans, Spanish rice, onion rings, French fries or cole slaw.

11 oz. New York Black Angus Steak
Source verified, all natural, antibiotic & hormone free. It is tender, delicious and really good for you $25.95

11 oz. Blackened New York Black Angus Steak
Source verified, all natural, antibiotic & hormone free. Spicy "Cajun Style". Seared in a hot cast iron pan $26.95

BBQ Pork - An Incredible 1 lb. Porterhouse Cut
Slow baked for four hours in sweet & spicy BBQ sauce $19.95

BBQ Chicken - naturally raised & hormone free
Half a chicken slow baked and served with the same great sauce $19.95

Oven Roasted Chicken - naturally raised & hormone free
Half a chicken rubbed with rosemary, sage and paprika, then slow baked $19.95

Kid's Menu

Choose One of the Following for Just $7.95

Dino Delights
Chicken Breast shaped into Dinosaurs. Served with french fries and an orange slice

Jumbo Grilled Hot Dog
1/3 lb. served with french fries and an orange slice

Cheese Quesadilla
Just like a Mexican pizza...a soft flour tortilla melted cheese on top. Served with an orange slice

Veggie Plate
A healthy portion of sliced celery, carrots and cucumbers. Served with Ranch dressing

Extra! Extra!
$5.50 Root Beer Float
Made with IBC Root Beer and Breyer's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Drinks
$3.00
Root Beer in a bottle (IBC)
Fountain Sodas: Dr. Pepper, Coke, Sprite, Shirley Temple, Roy Rogers

Juices
$3.50
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade, Orange, Pineapple, Cranberry

Parents:
Thanks for visiting all of us at the Woody Creek Tavern! Check out our great hats, t-shirts, and bike jerseys. We even have Woody Creek Tavern koozies and bumper stickers so you can brag to your friends about where you've been! And...don't forget about our Woody Creek Tavern water bottles with icy cold famous Woody Creek water!

Our Featured Beverage

Fresh Squeezed Lime Margarita!
$8.50
Made with top shelf Herradura Blanca, 100% Blue Agave. You will be hooked!

Warning: Our margaritas are strong so handle with care. Because they are strong, we do not sell them by the pitcher.

Wines
By the Glass $7.50 By the Bottle $28.00

Beringer Chardonnay ~ Cavit Pinot Grigio ~ Beringer Merlot ~ Five Rivers Cabernet ~ Smoking Loon Pinot Noir

By the Bottle Only:
Markham Chardonnay 2005, Napa Valley $34.00
Sterling Vineyards Merlot 2004, Napa Valley $42.00
Robert Mandavi Cabernet 2004, Napa Valley, $42.00
Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon 2003, Alexander Valley $72.00

Beers
"On Tap"

By the Mug $4.00 By the Pitcher (6 mugs) $16.00

Colorado Native ~ A pale ale, available only here in Colorado; made exclusively with Rocky Mountain ingredients

90 Shilling ~ A medium bodied brown ale from the Odells Brewing Co. of Fort Collins

Easy Street Wheat ~ A light refreshing un-filtered American beer also from the Odells Brewing Co.

Stella Artois ~ "The" lager, originally brewed in Belgium

And don't forget....Guiness, The Boss's Favorite! By the pint only $6.00

By the Bottle

$3.50 ~ Bud, Bud Light, Coors, Coors Light, Miller High Life

$4.00 ~ Tecate (in a can), Corona, Corona Light, Pacifico, Negra Modelo, Non-Alcoholic Paulaner

Other Beverages
$3.00 ~ Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, 7-Up, Dr. Pepper, Ginger Ale, Shirley Temple, Roy Rogers, Iced Tea, Arnold Palmer, IBC Root Beer in a bottle, Milk, Hot Herbal Tea, Coffee

*Our Coffee is a special Woody Creek blend - it's organic, shade grown and free trade, helping to protect the Earth from pesticides as well as saving the habitat for our animals

$3.50 ~ Cranberry, Pineapple, Grapefruit, Orange, Fresh Squeezed Lemonade

$4.00 ~ Hot Chocolate with whipped cream

$5.50 ~ Root Beer Float made with IBC Root Beer and Breyer's Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Insofar… wow… also in a SMALL town like Woody Creek..
Even the menu cards in US are dinosaurus in comparison to that ones in Europe !!
W O W !!!!!

Bild
♪ ♫ When's it gonna stop, DJ ♥ ?
Cause you're keeping me up all night ♪ ♫
  Profil Persönliches Album  

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: DON'S LOCAL PUB in WOODY CREEK !
BeitragVerfasst: 10. Jan 2013, 19:35 
WALK OF FAME
WALK OF FAME

Great and amazing stuff! It's always interesting to explore into Don's surrounding. :231: :thanks-schilder:

Btw: I take the chicken enchillada [smilie=ball.eyes006.gif]

BeitragVerfasst: 23. Feb 2013, 16:07 
WALK OF FAME
WALK OF FAME

Wow, this is a cool little surprise article! :dance3:

Woody Tavern looks like an interesting, fun place to visit!

The menu looks so mouth watering!!! :114_midi04:

:laie_book: Hhhhmmm......let's see what I'll order from the menu.....

Appetizer:

Fresh Shrimp Ceviche

Big Basket of Fried Onion Rings (I've never actually tried this food. Perhaps Don may stop by and we can share them!)

Dinner:

11 Oz New York Black Angus Steak

Beverage:

Freshly squeezed lemonade

Sweetheart, would you like to join me and place an order? :yes:

"Forget who I am? Darlin', sometimes I remember who I am." (Sonny, Miami Vice)

Bild

Bild

BeitragVerfasst: 23. Feb 2013, 16:33 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Vice Kitty hat geschrieben:

:oben: IMMEDIATELY!!
OH YES !!!! :schwummrig:

And I.. I would order this:

Because I am ... JUST NOW .... so rough on deprivation by any sugar candies -
looking for all two minutes :girlies_knab: :girlies_knab: :girlies_knab: to the two doors of our
closet behind which is placed all our stock of chocolate :schoko: and other candies...

I would eat up these three portions like a wolf ! [smilie=ball.eyes006.gif]

Bild
♪ ♫ When's it gonna stop, DJ ♥ ?
Cause you're keeping me up all night ♪ ♫
  Profil Persönliches Album  

BeitragVerfasst: 23. Feb 2013, 16:50 
WALK OF FAME
WALK OF FAME

Sweetheart hat geschrieben:
Vice Kitty hat geschrieben:

:oben: IMMEDIATELY!!
OH YES !!!! :schwummrig:

And I.. I would order this:

Because I am ... JUST NOW .... so rough on deprivation by any sugar candies -
looking for all two minutes :girlies_knab: :girlies_knab: :girlies_knab: to the two doors of our
closet behind which is placed all our stock of chocolate :schoko: and other candies...

I would eat up these three portions like a wolf ! [smilie=ball.eyes006.gif]

:lol:

So you're ♫ 'hungry like the wolf' ♫ {remember the Duran Duran song? :coool: ) !

I noticed there wasn't a dessert menu (LOL! :smillies0030: ) and I'm still deprived of sweeties too, so let's order one together!

:kaffee134: :kaffee134:

"Forget who I am? Darlin', sometimes I remember who I am." (Sonny, Miami Vice)

Bild

Bild

Seite 1 von 1 [ 5 Beiträge ] 

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]