Aktuelle Zeit: 25. Mai 2018, 22:47

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]

Certain sections of the forum contain exclusive material, only reserved for members:

DON JOHNSON:

INTERVIEWS
FAMIILY MATTERS
HOT CREAM PIES
NEWS
MYSTERY CORNER
LOBBY LOUNGE
MEMBER STORIES

Remember - it is FREE to register!

So, why not jump on board!

Seite 1 von 1 [ 5 Beiträge ] 
AutorNachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: DON JOHNSON AND HUNTER S. THOMPSON
BeitragVerfasst: 30. Nov 2012, 12:27 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Credit to DJFP on FB.
Thank you for finding and posting this article and the allowness to share it with forum :minnismiliesa47:

Bild

Hunter S. Thompson was a neighbor and close friend to Don. The following are extracts from the book “Gonzo: The Life of Hunter S. Thompson” in which Don is mentioned by Bob Braudis and Jan Wenner in their written passages commemorating Hunter and where Don himself has composed a passage on his friend.

BOB BRAUDIS:

Some of the best readers were guys like Don Johnson. He could really get into the drama of it – until he came upon a polysyllabic word. Don Johnson read the Woody Creek Menifesto for the first time at a party at Ed Bastian’s house and when he got the word logarithmic, he stumbled about six times. I busted his balls and we all laughed. But for the most part, guys like him and Depp – actors – could add to what Hunter had written with emotions and inflections and timing and tempo.

DON JOHNSON was a Woody Creek neighbor of Hunter’s for years.

Fortunately for me, I travelled in and out of Aspen a lot, so I had built-up breaks from Hunter. I never really got burned out with him. I always looked forward to time together with him. He was an elegant gentleman.

I could talk to Hunter about any subject on the face of the planet, and if he didn’t already have some common knowledge of it, he would be extraordinarily astute about it. He co-created or was the co-progenitor of Nash Bridges along with me. It just came out of our friendship, and I had a commitment that I had to fulfil at one of the networks. We were goofing off. We weren’t really doing anything; we were sitting around shooting the breeze and watching sports, and it just came up. It started off as something we called “Off-Duty Cops,” and then eventually it morphed into Nash Bridges. Every year I would take two weeks off to set the story lines for the next season, and I would always go to Hunter and kick around ideas. Those were some of the funniest times – we’d come up with outrageous story lines.

He never quite made it to the set while we were filming, though. I mean, there’s real time, there’s media time, and then there was Hunter time. But he loved the show, and he would send me faxes in my dressing room, sometimes six a day. He would critique the characters for us, and he would always be dead-on and painfully funny.

He really embodied that feeling of the constant neighbor to me, in an old-fashioned sense. When I was living in Woody Creek, I travelled a lot, and if I had a sick animal or a sick horse, Hunter would get up and go visit the animal and check in on my wife, ask her if she wanted to go get a bite to eat. He was always bringing her orchids or something like that. Every Thanksgiving I would either have him over, or if he was otherwise engaged, I would always make a plate for him and whoever was around, and we’d take it over to his house. We would always exchange gifts. Hunter never came to my house without bringing me something – it could be weapons or books, but he would always bring something. The last Thanksgiving, he brought Kelley an amaryllis plant, and when he came over at Christmas, he was happy to see that it was blooming.

I mean, Hunter helped and watched me raise my children. All my kids were dearly fond of Hunter, and he of them. He never forgot their birthdays or any of that. He was a brother.

JANN WENNER:

Don was a buddy of Hunter’s and they had similar appetites and backgrounds. I went up to a couple of Thanksgivings at Don’s with Hunter, and there was madness in the air. Hunter’s name for Don was Boris.

One time in New York, we went to visit Don in some lavish three-bedroom penthouse suite Don was giving at the Four Seasons, and after Don left, quite drunk, for some party, Hunter recruited me to help him cut down the very prickly branches from the potted trees, stuff them into every bed in the suite, and leave some Mansonesque messages soaped on the mirrors so that when Don came to the next day, he would be terrified about what he had done the night before.

The following link on YouTube is where Hunter plays a cameo part in NASH BRIDGES as a pianist.

www.youtube.com Video From : www.youtube.com

Bild
♪ ♫ When's it gonna stop, DJ ♥ ?
Cause you're keeping me up all night ♪ ♫
  Profil Persönliches Album  

Betreff des Beitrags: Re: DON JOHNSON AND HUNTER S. THOMPSON
BeitragVerfasst: 5. Dez 2012, 21:42 
Gold
Gold

He really embodied that feeling of the constant neighbor to me, in an old-fashioned sense. When I was living in Woody Creek, I travelled a lot, and if I had a sick animal or a sick horse, Hunter would get up and go visit the animal and check in on my wife, ask her if she wanted to go get a bite to eat. He was always bringing her orchids or something like that. Every Thanksgiving I would either have him over, or if he was otherwise engaged, I would always make a plate for him and whoever was around, and we’d take it over to his house. We would always exchange gifts. Hunter never came to my house without bringing me something – it could be weapons or books, but he would always bring something. The last Thanksgiving, he brought Kelley an amaryllis plant, and when he came over at Christmas, he was happy to see that it was blooming.

Thank you for posting this article into the forum, such a personal note from Don about his friend, and quite a touching friendship they shared. But what comes across more here is the 'normalness' of it all. Don the careing neighbour, Don fooling around at a party and then they way his friends trick him.....hilarious.

Once again, these articles are not as popular on both the Forum or the Fan Page, I think everyone responds more to just photos which is such a shame.

BeitragVerfasst: 6. Dez 2012, 04:07 
Insider
Insider

I know on the Nash Bridges DVD DJ is interviewed and sort of gave a background about how he and Hunter came with the first idea for the show, he speaks so passionately about him

BeitragVerfasst: 8. Dez 2012, 21:23 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Zitat:

That all is simply heart warming !
That is private... not spoken only for public - I think Don feels like he has said!

Zitat:
Thank you for posting this article into the forum, such a personal note from Don about his friend, and quite a touching friendship they shared. But what comes across more here is the 'normalness' of it all. Don the careing neighbour, Don fooling around at a party and then they way his friends trick him.....hilarious.

THE NORMALNESS !
Even such a kind of human isn't just normal in these times - but it shows normalness - a wonderful normalness!

Zitat:
Once again, these articles are not as popular on both the Forum or the Fan Page, I think everyone responds more to just photos which is such a shame.

YES ! It is a shame!
And I...
I wonder from day to day more - WHERE is the interest in Don... only in his appearance?
Are PICS enough?
Sorry... ME and MY MIND needs much more !!!
I soak such texts like a dried up sponge !!!!!!

Bild
♪ ♫ When's it gonna stop, DJ ♥ ?
Cause you're keeping me up all night ♪ ♫
  Profil Persönliches Album  

BeitragVerfasst: 9. Dez 2012, 20:27 
Gold
Gold

YES ! It is a shame!
And I...
I wonder from day to day more - WHERE is the interest in Don... only in his appearance?
Are PICS enough?
Sorry... ME and MY MIND needs much more !!!
I soak such texts like a dried up sponge !!!!!!

Yes, many are simply just happy with Don's appearance. I am like you, I need more. I enjoy reading all the articles, especially when someone is writing on a personal note about their knowing or meeting Don. It is only though these many articles we can make up in our own minds how Don is in his personal, everyday life. Intimate insights of the private Don Johnson.

I enjoy reading what the press say (if we can believe everything they say) but to actually get these amazing articles and trip stories on Don are the icing on the cake.

Seite 1 von 1 [ 5 Beiträge ] 

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde [ Sommerzeit ]